The protagonists which have appeared all through the mainline Pokémon video games have official names which have been utilized in spin-off media previously.
The Pokémon sequence has lengthy allowed gamers to pick the names of the trainers they play within the recreation, however all Pokémon protagonists have official names as nicely. Giving Pokémon gamers the possibility to call their principal characters is a practice that dates again to Pokémon Purple and Blue, the place the default names had been Satoshi and Shigeru, referencing Pokémon creator Satoshi Tajiri and Nintendo icon Shigeru Miyamoto. As time went on and characters from the mainline video games got roles in several titles, they acquired canon names.
The official names of the Pokémon recreation protagonists have been confirmed in quite a few other ways. Many acquired canon names by showing in Pokémon Masters EX as recruitable trainers. There are some video games the place the protagonist that is not chosen turns into a personality within the story, as is the case with the protagonist choices for Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver. The official Pokémon protagonist names are sometimes the default selection provided to the participant when beginning a recreation. Many gamers wish to customise Pokémon protagonist characters, however there are official ones accessible for many who cannot consider one.
The Official Names Of The Pokémon Protagonists
All of the official names of the Pokémon protagonists are:
- Pokémon Purple, Blue, and Yellow – Purple
- Pokémon FireRed and LeafGreen – Purple and Leaf
- Pokémon Gold and Silver – Ethan and Kris
- Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver – Ethan and Lyra
- Pokémon Ruby and Sapphire and Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire – Brendan and Might
- Pokémon Diamond and Pearl – Lucas and Daybreak
- Pokémon Black and White – Hilbert and Hilda
- Pokémon Black 2 and White 2 – Nate and Rosa
- Pokémon X and Y – Calem and Serena
- Pokémon Solar and Moon and Pokémon Extremely Solar and Extremely Moon – Elio and Selene
- Pokémon: Let’s Go! – Chase and Elaine
- Pokémon Sword and Defend – Victor and Gloria
- Pokémon Good Diamond and Shining Pearl – Lucas and Might
- Pokémon Legends: Arceus – Akari and Rei
- Pokémon Scarlet and Violet – Florian and Juliana
Why Pokémon Trainers Have Actual Names
It might appear as if the Pokémon protagonist names are random, however a couple of of them do have deeper meanings. Victor and Gloria from Pokémon Sword and Defend are references to the lyrics of the UK nationwide anthem, which mentions each victory and glory. For Pokémon Scarlet and Violet’s trainers, one of many meanings of the phrase Florian is “blooming” and Juliana means “youthful,” each of which characterize the truth that the characters are younger kids who’re finding out at college. Pokémon protagonists are at all times children for a purpose, and Florian and Juliana are simply beginning out on their large Pokémon journey.
It is probably that the inevitable remakes of basic video games like Pokémon Black and White will retain the identify of their Pokémon coach protagonists, barring some huge change within the storyline that shakes issues up. In current video games, gamers misplaced the power to call their rivals, which is a disgrace, particularly as it isn’t even explainable by the video games including voice appearing and needing official names to be used in dialogue. Hopefully, the Pokémon custom of providing official protagonist names whereas permitting gamers to decide on their very own options will lengthy endure.